Duration: 4 Days
This course is the start of the process to achieve Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. It is run in conjunction with the Centre for Project Management, University of Limerick.
Those completing this programme can claim 35 hours formal project management education, which is one of the pre-requisites for sitting the Project Management Professional Certification exam with the PMI.
The course consists of two modules, each module lasting two days. Attendance at module 1 is a prerequisite to attending module 2. There is a gap of 4 weeks between modules to allow some application of the techniques after the initial sessions. There will be pre-course work and work during the course required to gain the certificate of attendance.
Course content is structured against the five key project management phases & processes:
- Unit 1 – Project initiation
- Unit 2 – Project planning
- Unit 3 – Project implementation
- Unit 4 – Project control
- Unit 5 – Project closure
- Gain an appreciation of project strategies, approaches and methodologies
- Develop a focused project plan to manage implementation
- Develop schedule and cost control baselines
- Develop a results-driven project management team
- Manage project risks using standard templates
- Avoid conflict by establishing roles, responsibilities and communications channels
- Develop effective measures for scheduling and controlling projects
- Establish a dependable project control monitoring system
Who should attend:
This course will be of interest to those individuals who seek to gain knowledge and ability in this important management discipline. It will be of importance to all individuals working within a projects-driven company or for those in contemporary organisations that handle projects from time to time. It will be of interest to all those wishing to advance their management careers.
This course offers the participant the opportunity to start the process to achieve Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
CPD Credit: 28 Hours, C3 / 35 PMP Contact Hours (Note: delegates are required to attend all sessions in order to receive a certificate of attendance to claim the contact hours)
Book your place today: [email protected] – 086 0144853
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule