Duration: 1 Day from 9am to 4pm
Location: Future Cast, W8 Centre, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim.
This course allows participants to establish how energy management is controlled and implemented within the construction industry. Participants will learn how to identify energy management opportunities and be provided with information on how energy management can have a real impact on costs, better workflow while reducing theirs and their organisations carbon footprint.
- Bettering understanding of energy usage, it is forms & reducing energy consumption
- Energy Management Plans & Policies, Legislation overview & SEAI Grants available
- Improving environmental performance by energy efficiency & consumption
- Awareness within the construction context: Onsite usage, SEUs, Vehicles, Emissions, Maintenance, Energy flows, Energy surveys, Metering
- Managers & Staff by in, Purchasing & Energy evaluation of new equipment & Projects
- Benefits of Energy Management; Reduced costs, better workflows, reduced carbon footprint
- Brief outline of some of the renewable options and advancement in technologies
This training will be delivered in person in Future Cast, W8 Centre, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim. This interactive workshop will involve peer learning, active learning sessions and theory. Handouts will be available to all participants. Online delivery option is available.
- Identify energy management opportunities with their organisation.
- Have the knowledge to implement the change required for greater Energy Management.
- Realise the importance of staff by-in and importance of the decision-making stage for increased energy efficiency
Module Teaching and Learning Strategy
Participants enjoy the challenge of active learning through peer learning experiences. Fostering trust and collegiality where learners feel comfortable to bring real life experiences to the fore is key to successful learning. The tutor takes responsibility for guiding and encouraging learners in a structured fashion to meet the learning outcomes.
Who should attend: Construction Engineers, Operatives, Managers, Maintenance & Admin staff in Offices & Personal Onsite
Eligibility: CitA Skillnet Training Network is open to Private Companies and Sole Traders in the Construction Sector and registered in the Republic of Ireland.
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule