Duration: 5 days
This convenient part-time online programme has been designed to allow hi-potential, technical staff with apprentice and craftsperson skills to develop a range of non-technical skills which are vital for career advancement. Participants will gain insights from industry experts and professional tutors in order that they can appreciate the importance of fully rounded development in order to cope with the challenges of 21st Century projects and processes in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
In particular, participants will gain practical know-how regarding the standards and approaches which are required to optimise their contribution in their workplace; to handle workplace stresses and conflicts; to foster strong and united teams; to demonstrate excellence in their approach to managing projects, including commercial awareness and excellent resource efficiency. Successful completion of the programme will assist participants in accelerating their professional development and their career prospects. This CPD Certificate programme will run solely via virtual classrooms with further information regarding platform delivery and online specifications made available later.
The Fast Track Series equates to one TU Dublin module and is delivered on a part-time basis comprising five mandatory module components, approximately one weekday per month, for five months. Each module component is supplemented by pre & post component assignments and learning contract agreements.
All module components are 9am-5pm* and will take place via online classroom setting with several breaks throughout the training.
Managing Yourself – 26 September 2022
- Programme overview & learning outcomes
- Stress management & resilience
- Effective negotiator
- Conducting negotiations
Planning and Prioritising – 25 October 2022
- How to prioritise
- Having a result focus rather than being “busy”
- Planning tools
- Unlocking your productivity
- Controlling “time stealers”
Communicating Effectively – 23 November 2022
- Mapping your communications
- Dealing with different personality types
- Understanding the power of non-verbal communication
- Building rapport with others
- Transactional analysis
- Handling “difficult” conversations
- Assertive communication in action
An Introduction to Project Management and Teamwork – 12 December 2022
- Relationships on site
- Supervisory skills
- Project lifecycle, phases and processes
- Monitoring and controlling
- Formal closing
Commercial Awareness – 23 January 2023
- Business acumen essentials
- Anticipating risk factors
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Men, materials and money
- Cost of poor quality/lean practice
The unique teaching and learning methodologies that are used during the CPD Certificate programme include:
- Online Learning Management System – Engineers Ireland’s virtual learning environment allows self-paced learning with particular emphasis on materials which can prime participants to get the most from the classroom sessions and then provide exercises, materials and recommended readings after formal class time.
- Expert Tutors – all tutors have been selected for their industry expertise, their acknowledged contribution to the profession of engineering and/or their unique knowledge at the forefront of a chosen field.
- Team-Based Learning – a dozen or more engineers from different organisations of different sizes from different sectors will take part in each class.
- Learning Contract Agreements – these are used to ensure the transfer of learning from each module component to the workplace in a manner that allows for a measurable and verifiable improvement in competence.
Book your place today: Daria Choromanska [email protected] – [email protected] or Phone: 086 014 4853
Eligibility: CitA Skillnet Training Network is open to Private Companies and Sole Traders in the Construction Sector and registered in the Republic of Ireland.
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule