Eligibility criteria: CitA Skillnet Training Network is open to Private Companies and Sole Traders registered in the Republic of Ireland for €50 membership, or you can become a CitA Ltd member https://www.cita.ie/join-cita/ in order to avail of the 30% funding on college fees.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is an innovative new approach to building design, construction, and management.
BIM has changed the way industry professionals worldwide think about how technology can be applied to building design, construction, and management. BIM also supports the continuous and immediate availability of project design, scope, schedule, and cost information that is high quality, reliable, integrated, and fully coordinated.
This programme is designed as a direct response to the skill and competency needs of the construction industry. The Higher Diploma in Engineering in BIM programme has completed a pilot phase with construction industry partners and is now being offered as a full-time programme in GMIT. The delivery of the programme is designed to allow participants to stay in the work-place while completing this two-year post-graduate award.
Modules undertaken are:
- BIM Virtual Modelling Fundamentals (10 Credits) – CIVE08051 – Mandatory
- Building Information Modelling Collaboration (10 Credits) – CIVE08056 – Mandatory – Must have completed CIVE08051
- Building Information Modelling Architecture (10 credits) – CIVE08052 – Elective – Must have completed CIVE08051
- Building Information Modelling Structure (10 credits) – CIVE08053 – Elective – Must have completed CIVE08051
- Building Information Modelling Infrastructure (10 credits) – CIVE08054 – Elective – Must have completed CIVE08051
- Building Information Modelling Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) (10 Credits) – CIVE08055 – Elective – Must have completed CIVE08051
- Building Information Modelling Research Project (30 Credits) – CIVE08057 – Mandatory – Must have completed a minimum of three modules
Overall Learning Outcomes – on completion of this programme the student will:
- Understand and evaluate the interaction processes involved in designing, constructing and managing a building through use of BIM 3D models and data sets.
- Analyse and select BIM management techniques to achieve the desired deliverables and performance outcomes, including how BIM can contribute to making buildings energy and carbon efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly and manage the processes required to optimise these outcomes.
- Be able to construct 3D Virtual Building Models for a variety of situations including Architectural, Infrastructure, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
- Be able to manage the application of various BIM software packages, their integration, the necessary protocols and procedures needed for networks, database systems and information sharing.
The full 60 credit programme is completed over two calendar years.
This online, blended learning programme consists of 75% online and 25% face-to-face delivery.
The two mandatory modules, BIM Collaboration and BIM Virtual Modelling Fundamentals and the suite of electives, will be delivered with face-to-face workshops and online lectures.
The 30-credit Research Project module will be delivered 100% online – 3 workshops online and individual supervision.
Total Fee (Tuition Fee plus Student Contribution) to complete all 60 credits of the Higher Diploma in Engineering in Building Information Modelling is €5,000 Euros.
Online applications open on 06th April 2021 for September commencement.
***Applications can be made online at https://apply.gmit.ie, please select application type L8***.
This user guide contains step by step instructions on how to create and submit an online application.
If you have any queries on this please email [email protected]
Recognition of Prior Learning may be used to gain access to this programme in accordance with GMIT’s Recognition of Prior Learning policy. For more information on the RPL Process, please visit https://www.myexperience.ie/about/how-rpl-works/
Closing Date for Applications Friday 30th August 2021.
To inquire about funding availability please email Ylenia Morselli – [email protected] – 086 0144853