Duration: 10 Days + 1 day of examination – Locations: Cork – Little Island / Dublin 24 – Ballymount
The NEBOSH international General Certificate in Occupational Health and safety is a widely used safety qualification. This certificate is used by hundreds of safety professionals every day. It can be used to enhance your CVs. It can also be used by employers who need to show that their managers, safety officers and supervisors are qualified and competent in Safety Management. This certificate shows that you are fully qualified to a recognised International Safety standard.
CMSE Training is a fully registered NEBOSH learning centre and partner company. We have trained hundreds of successful candidates. Our pass rate is among the highest. Our trainers are full-time safety professionals. in addition to being highly experienced instructors.
Assessment: The assessment process consists of an open book examination (OBE) based on the Learning Outcomes in IG1 and a practical assessment based on IG2. Learners must achieve the pass standard in both elements to be awarded the full NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety. Participants that have successfully completed the course content are eligible to register for Exam Only to complete or repeat an exam at a later date.
Accreditation: NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
Our NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety Certificate provides proof of qualifications and knowledge. The course specifically deals with hazard identification and risk assessment for the workplace. Successful completion of the Certificate will also allow you gain access to a NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and apply for certain levels of membership in IOSH.
Achieve recognition for your health and safety skills and knowledge anywhere in the world with the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. Over 35,000 people have achieved the qualifications since its introduction in 2004
After completing this course you will:
- Have a solid platform for progression to the NEBOSH International Diploma.
- Hold a broad understanding and knowledge of health and safety principles and practice
- Be qualified to manage workplace health and safety responsibilities in any employment sector in any part of the world.
Managers, supervisors and employees throughout the world take the NEBOSH International General Certificate because it gives them the skills and know-how to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organisation.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a sound basis for progression onto the NEBOSH International Diploma. No previous health and safety knowledge is required.
Management of Health & Safety (IG1)
- Why We Should Manage Workplace Health & Safety
- How Health & Safety Management Systems Work and What they Look Like
- Managing Risk – Understanding People and Processes
- Health & Safety Monitoring and Measuring
Risk Assessment (IG2)
- Physical and Psychological Health
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Chemical and Biological Agents
- General Workplace Issues
- Work Equipment
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, it is important that students are able to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus in the language that the course delivery and assessment will be completed in.
- Whenever taken in English, NEBOSH recommends that students should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
- For further information please see the latest version of the IELTS Handbook or consult the IELTS website:
- A chart mapping IELTS scores to the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFR) can be found on the British Council and IELTS websites at:
- Students wishing to assess their own language expertise may consult the IELTS website for information on taking the test:
Eligibility: CitA Skillnet Training Network is open to Private Companies and Sole Traders in the Construction Sector and registered in the Republic of Ireland.
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule