Duration: 4 days – Location: Dublin 12
This Emergency lighting commissioning course enables learners to certify and report on the condition of new and existing installations with reference to
IS3217:2017, the National Standard on Emergency Lighting.
Who should attend
Electrical Contractors, Engineers, Consultants, Fire Officers, Property Maintenance Contractors, Specialist Emergency Lighting Contractors.
Why should I attend
It is a legal requirement to be a competent practitioner and this award assists in demonstrating that competence. With hundreds of contractors already qualified, this Award has become nationally recognised as an industry standard and is trusted commercially and by regulatory authorities. Qualified contractors will be registered on a National Register and issued with a unique number that can be used on IS3217 certificates and reports.
Delegates will be provided with a copy of I.S.3217:2017 before the course.
Course Objectives – At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand, explain and interpret the scientific principles of light and its relevance to emergency escape lighting.
- Explain the framework of legislation and EU standards that regulate emergency lighting installations.
- Explain the terminology required to interpret IS3217:2017
- Troubleshoot a range of possible installation-based faults based around maintained, non- maintained (twin spot), combined, switched maintained and self-test fittings.
- Navigate IS3217:2017 efficiently.
- Quote key life safety requirements of IS3217:2017 without needing to refer to the standard.
- Understand the principle of operation of self-test and central addressable systems.
- Understand the principle of operation of Central Powered Systems.
This award is made up of two QQI component awards
1.Fundamental Component which is common to both Designers and Commissioners. This component is assessed by Exam 1 (40%) and Exam 2 (60%
2. Commissioning Components. This is assessed by submission of a commissioning project (50%) and a collection of work (workplace evidence) (50%).
- The Pass mark for all assessments for this Life Safety system is 70%.
QQI Accreditation and Progression
6S0953 QQI Level 6 (Special Purpose) Award in Emergency Lighting consists of two components 6N0951 Emergency Lighting Fundamentals and 6N0860 Commissioning of Emergency Lighting Systems. With this award you can progress to the QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award in Emergency Lighting Design 6S0955 and be exempted from the Fundamentals course module
No previous formal qualification is required but learners should have relevant work or life experience to have reached the standards of knowledge, skill and competence associated with Level 5 of the National Framework of Qualifications.
Competence in written and spoken English is essential. International students whose first language is not English are required to have an appropriate score in an approved examination in English language. We accept an IELTS test score of 6. We also accept IELTS equivalents such as TOELF and Cambridge exams. If learners do not have a test result they can complete a Duolingo English Test before registering on the course. Applicants must share their Duolingo Online test score directly with us at [email protected] . The test can be taken online, costs US$49 and the result is available within 48 hours. englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants
If learners are completing part, or all, of the course online they should have good computer literacy skills. This includes use of email, Microsoft word, internet searches. Self-directed learning also requires learners to have good self motivation and time management skills. Further details and tips can be found in the Learner Handbook.
Before booking please contact the training provider Techno Training to ensure that you meet all entry requirements for the course you have selected.
Book your place today: Daria Choromanska [email protected] or Phone: 086 014 4853
Eligibility: CitA Skillnet Training Network is open to Private Companies and Sole Traders in the Construction Sector and registered in the Republic of Ireland.
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule