Duration: 1 day from 9am to 5pm
Location: W8 Centre, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim
Duration: 1 Day – 9am to 4pm
This course allows participants to identify the role of 3D Printing within industry and how this technology may fit into their organisation as a viable solution to their design, prototyping and manufacturing needs.
- Brief History of 3D Printing
- Types of Industries suitable for 3D Printing
- Types of Printing: Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM), Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF), Stereolithography (SLA), Digital Light Processing (DLP), Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Concrete Printing
- Material Preparation & Finishing
This training will be delivered in person in Future Cast, W8 Centre, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim. This interactive workshop will involve peer learning, active learning sessions and theory. Handouts will be available to all participants.
- Identify 3D Printing options for your organisation.
- Have the knowledge of the capabilities of the 3D Printers.
- Understand the importance of design and impacts on the final print
Module Teaching and Learning Strategy
Participants enjoy the challenge of active learning through peer learning experiences. Fostering trust and collegiality where learners feel comfortable to bring real life experiences to the fore is key to successful learning. The tutor takes responsibility for guiding and encouraging learners in a structured fashion to meet the learning outcomes.
Who should attend:
Decision makers, technical staff, design engineers, Production Engineers, Process Engineers
Book your place today: Daria Choromanska [email protected] – [email protected] or Phone: 086 0144 853
Eligibility: CitA Skillnet Training Network is open to Private Companies and Sole Traders in the Construction Sector and registered in the Republic of Ireland.
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule