Course Duration: 4 half days – 12 hours
Students learn how to use Autodesk Infraworks preliminary & conceptual design software to create visually rich proposals for site, area planning & infrastructure projects. This course offers a hands-on exercise representing a real-world design scenario.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the essentials of conceptual design and visualization using Autodesk Infraworks.
- Model existing infrastructure—Use 2D CAD, GIS, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and raster data.
- Use Model Builder – create base models using public data from Bing Maps, StreetMAP & SRTM 45m DEM data
- Import detailed models—Incorporate detailed models from AutoCAD® Civil 3D®, AutoCAD® Map 3D, and other software.
- Stylize infrastructure models—Depict the local environment more realistically.
- Work in 3D—Show proposed roads, water, and land features.
- Overlay GIS data—Create 3D thematic maps to help inform decisions.
- Manage infrastructure proposals—Create and manage multiple alternatives in a single model.
- Communicate visually rich infrastructure proposals—Shift between design proposals and evaluate alternatives from any viewpoint, and capture rendered images or recorded videos.
- Understanding InfraWorks Roadway Design – Rule-Based Design, Profiles, Intersections, Sight Distance Analysis, import/export
- Designing Roads – Design Roads, Edit graphically/with Gizmos, Styles, Lanes, Grading, profile view edit, intersections, swept path, lane markings, profile optimization, sight distances, Generate Civil 3D Drawings
- Drainage – pipes and structures, rules, watershed analysis, culvert design, drainage networks
Who Should Attend
Technicians, architects, planners & engineers who undertake the preliminary design and wish to create conceptual 3D models and visualizations for the site, area planning & infrastructure projects.
Students should have a working knowledge of a CAD application such as AutoCAD and of Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8 or 10.
Eligibility: CitA Skillnet Training Network is open to Private Companies and Sole Traders in the Construction Sector and registered in the Republic of Ireland.
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule