Duration: 6 Days
Chris Mee Group are the leading provider of QQI BER Assessor Training Courses in Ireland. We have a pass rate that is second to none. This is because our trainers are top BER experts, in addition to being excellent instructors.
– Fully Approved by the SEAI (Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland)
– This course is QQI accredited and Chris Mee Group are a QQI accredited training provider
You will learn the following at our BER Assessor Training Courses:
- Understand fully the objectives of the European Performance of Building Directive. (EPDP)
- Collect BER data from surveys, specifications and plans that affect energy and CO2 emissions performance.
- Undertake primary energy and/or CO2 emission calculations, in keeping with the regulations.
- Assess domestic hot water systems as well as alternative energy heating systems.
- Master the use of the Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) software.
- Communicate the affect of varying dwelling specifications on BER ratings.
Assessment: 4 Case Study Assignments (50%), 10 Short Answer Questions (10%), Practical BER Assessment (40%)
Accreditation: QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Building Energy Rating Assessment 6N0732 – awarded by QQI
- Being familiar with the key objectives. In addition, having background knowledge to the European Performance of Building Directive
- Demonstrate the ability to collect BER data on dwellings from surveys, specifications and plans that affect energy and CO2 emissions performance.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake limitation of primary energy and/or CO2 emission calculations. As required by the Building Regulations
- Input data into the Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) software.
- Explain the significance, in BER terms, of varying the specifications for dwellings.
Background to Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD)
Irish legislation on building energy ratings
Building Regulations Part L
Dwellings Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP)
Measuring relevant building dimensions
Calculating U Values
Energy assessment on domestic hot water systems
Alternative energy heating systems
Assessments from plans and specifications
Surveying of existing dwellings
Assessments of existing dwellings
Eligibility: CitA Skillnet Training Network is open to Private Companies and Sole Traders in the Construction Sector and registered in the Republic of Ireland.
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule