Provide the knowledge and skills to enable managers to recognise hazards in construction projects and to give them the information to manage and control them.
- Introduction to Law
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- General Applications Regulations 2007
- Construction Regulations 2013.
- Risk Assessment
- Active Monitoring
- Re-Active Monitoring
- Accidents / Case Studies.
- Plant and Machinery
- Scaffolding Management
- GA Forms
- Manual Handling
- Safety at Heights.
- General Site Safety
- Safety Management of Road Works and Street Works, Traffic Control and Signage Management
- Fire Safety
- Assess and control risks on site to both workers and the public
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation / codes of practice / information and guidance on compliance.
- Have an understanding of legal duties and management responsibility.
- Understand list of duties and responsibilities of Employees, Clients, Designers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
- Have an understanding of Risk Assessment and Control, Active Monitoring and Re-Active Monitoring
- Be able to select workplace precautions, relative to the hazards and record results of risk assessments and carry out reviews.
- Reporting accidents and incidents and distinguish between accidents, incidents and near misses and statutory requirement for reporting and recording.
The IOSH Managing Safely for Construction Managers is delivered in partnership with our construction management training provider, Derek Roche Safety Training and modules are delivered by tutors from both companies.
Who should attend this course:
This course is ideal for those that wishes to gain knowledge and build competency in construction safety including foremen and construction managers.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive an Institute of Occupational Safety and Health Certificate in Managing Safely in Construction.(Written Assessment 50% and Submit an Assessment 50%).
BOOK YOUR PLACE: firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: 01-676 6052
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule