Duration: 12 hours – online
Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction. BRE BIM essentials course is your stepping stone to project success and progress towards BIM Certification.
This comprehensive online training course provides an overview of information management using BIM following the new international standard (ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2).
Delivered in structured modules, you’ll explore the key terminology used when describing BIM and the activities which form the information management function. Our BIM expert tutor will guide you and ensure that on completion you’re equipped and ready to realise the benefits of BIM within your own organisation.
This is a comprehensive online training course delivered in three modules of eight practical units.
Module 1: The Basics of BIM
- Unit 1 – Catalyst for Change
- Unit 2 – What is BIM
Module 2: The Essentials of ISO 19650
- Unit 1 – Introduction to ISO 19650
Assessment and need
- Unit 2 – Information procurement
Invitation to tender
- Unit 3 – Information planning
- Unit 4 – Information production
Information model delivery
Module 3: The essentials of BIM best practice
- Unit 1 – Information management functions
Information management requirements
Defining information management functions
Appointing party functions
Lead appointed party information functions
Task information functions
- Unit 2 – Best practice standard, methods and procedures (SMPs)
The course concludes with a short online exam test that includes questions on all topics covered. This is a great way to demonstrate your new knowledge and identify further learning that you may require.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate information management processes using international terminology.
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM.
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650-2 process.
- Understand how information is produced based on your project’s information standards, production methods and procedures.
- Identify the key stakeholders to help support tasks associated with the information management function.
- Adopt these processes within your organisation.
- Discuss international information standards relating to open BIM and interoperability.
Who should attend:
This online course is suitable for construction and asset management professionals (including designers, constructors, project managers, asset managers, manufacturers, information managers and maintenance contractors). As a detailed introduction to BIM, it’s suitable for those implementing BIM into their organisation, their own work practices, or assisting their clients or supply chains with BIM adoption.
We recommend you have a general awareness and familiarity with BIM. If you’re looking for a concise overview of BIM or are entirely new to BIM, try our BIM Awareness online training course first.
There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Flexible access – learn from your office or your home
- Own-pace learning – pause, replay as you wish
- CPD certificate on completion
Book your place today: [email protected] – 086 0144853
For training dates and details please see our Course Schedule