The overarching research objectives chosen for the BICP include:
- Collating applicable BIM data, founded on an explicit research programme that will help feed into an overall BIM development plan for the Irish AEC sector.
- Carry out a structured programme of consultation with industry and 3rd Level Institutes to test the findings concluded from Work Package 1.
- Identify appropriate comprehensive best practice case studies detailing effective use of BIM.
- Carry out an in-depth analysis of the data and implement a strategy for the dissemination of findings through a formally structured events programme.
- Delivery a working paper to Enterprise Ireland and an appointed National BIM Council on an optimum strategy for the implementation of BIM in Ireland.